Meet Our OT Faculty As We Continue to Celebrate OT Month!
Holly Schifsky, OTR/L, CNT, NTMTC, CBIS has worked with ERI for over 6 years. She has been in pediatrics for the past 26 years with the past 16 years in a level IV NICU. She is a Certified Neonatal Therapist, Certified Neonatal Touch and Massage Therapist, Certified Brain Injury therapist, a member of National Association of Neonatal Therapists, and has completed 6-month mentorship in infant/child NDT.
She has worked within the NICU and NICU follow-up clinic to maximize patient and family outcomes for the most complex premature and medically-fragile term infant. She is the recipient of the National Association of Neonatal Therapists Clinical Excellence award in 2018, due to her clinical expertise and dedication to advancing the therapeutic interventions for NICU infants with cardiopulmonary conditions. Holly will be presenting the following courses and registration is now open:
- May 5, 2023 – Breathe, Baby Breathe
- July 15 – 16 – Baby Beats and Breaths (Houston, TX)
- August 3 – 5, 2023 – Babies’ Bodies and Brains
- September 8, 2023 – Breathe, Baby Breathe
- September 23 – 24, 2023 – Babies’ Bodies and Brains (Louisville, KY)
- October 7 and 8, 2023 – Baby Beats and Breaths
- November 11 – 12, 2023 – Babies’ Bodies and Brains
- On-Demand Courses Now Available!
Melissa Gerber, OTD, OTR/L has been with ERI for the past 6 years. She is a seasoned and respected clinician with extensive experience in pediatrics. She began her career in Adult/Pediatric inpatient/outpatient rehabilitation and acute care. Currently, she has been working for the Great Neck Public Schools for the past 21 years. She is president of 4MYKIDSOT, a private practice where she provides therapy and evaluations.
She is enthusiastic to share her experiences and provide strategies that can be incorporated immediately. She is also affiliated with Puzzle Art Therapy, and enjoys sharing this program. Melissa will be presenting the following courses and registration is now open:
- Developmental Coordination Disorder – April 27, 2023
- Functionally Assessing and Treating Visual Processing – May 9, 2023
- On-Demand Courses Now Available!
Dana Kizer, OT is one of ERI’s newest faculty members and has a special interest in feeding and sensory processing. She has worked in a variety of pediatric settings including a pediatric hospital, specialty clinic, private practice, and home health. She has presented on feeding therapy and interventions nationally and across virtual platforms. Dana is a published author on the subject of pediatric feeding disorders and currently volunteers her time with Feeding Matters by serving on the Family Advisory Council to help families navigate the complex world of pediatric feeding disorders.
Dana brings a family perspective to her treatments and teaching experiences as her initial experience with feeding therapy occurred when she would accompany her younger brother to his feeding therapy appointments. She has seen first-hand the difference therapy can make in the lives of patients and their families. Dana will be co-presenting the following courses and registration is now open:
- May 9, 11, 16 and 18, 2023 – Feeding Challenges in Infants, Toddlers and Beyond
- July 21 – 22, 2023 – Feeding Challenges in Infants, Toddlers and Beyond
- December 9 – 10, 2023 – Feeding Challenges in Infants, Toddlers and Beyond
Don’t forget about the promotion that we’re running through the month of April for any OT registering for an ERI course…