Now more than ever, acute and critical care therapists working in ICUs and on the front line of the COVID-19 pandemic need advanced tools and techniques to assess and treat complex critically ill patients. ERI and Chris Wells, PT, Ph.D., CCS, ATC are bringing this information directly to therapists through the LIVE webinar “Managing the Complex Therapy Patient in the time of COVID-19 : Preparing and Mobilizing Therapists in the ICU/Acute Care and Beyond” a two-part online course taking place Saturday, April 25 from 10 am to 6:30 pm, EST and Sunday, April 26 from 10 am to 5:30 pm. EST
Chris, who currently leads a rehabilitation team managing COVID-19 patients, will share her expertise and teach therapists to Interpret vital signs beyond the basics as it relates to critical illness including:
- Integrating the medical and environmental effects of the ICU to promote an effective therapy session in all settings
- Applying current literature and trends to progress functional recovery for patients that suffer critical illness (including information related to COVID 19)
- Applying exercise physiology principles to prescribe an effective exercise prescription
- Implementing an integrative rehabilitation plan to address pulmonary dysfunction
- Analyzing the complexity of critical illness via a case scenario to develop an evaluation and intervention approach to provide comprehensive care
This LIVE webinar costs $369, includes course handouts, and meets the criteria for 13.5 contact hours (1.35 CEUs). Intermediate level. Click HERE for complete CEU details.